About The Course
MHFA Lite is a 4 hour introductory mental health awareness course that can be delivered to up to 25 people. Because of its short duration it is not meant as a substitute for the full MHFA course (these are around 12 hours long).
Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of the course include:
- Enabling participants to:
- Gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
- Gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects business
- Work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Define mental health & some mental health problems
- Relate to people’s experiences
- Help support people with mental health problems
- Begin developing a business case for promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Look after their own mental health
The course also introduces ALGEE – a unique memory tool for conducting mental health first aid.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance and a manual with further information and resources.
The course is delivered by Approved MHFA Instructors who have completed a seven day programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
The emphasis of the course is on learning through experience.
There will be discussion and inter-active practical exercises throughout the training.
Who should attend?
The course is for anyone who may come into contact with a person with a mental health difficulty, including stress, either in their workplace or life outside of work.
How do I make a booking?
Check for our current courses in the sidebar. If we don’t have a course near you, either call us on 01482 240134, or email firstname.lastname@example.org