Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a 2 day training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and support a person who may be developing a mental health issue.
The 2 day course is split into 4 sections covering topics including:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Who is it for?
Mental Health First Aid is suitable for anyone over 16 who wants to develop a better understanding of mental health and how it affects people. No prior knowledge of mental health is required to attend this course.
What will I Learn?
- Develop a better understanding of mental health and how it affects people
- To be able to spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- How to provide support on a first aid basis
- How to help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help to stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone to recover faster
- How to guide someone to towards the right support
- How to reduce the stigma of mental health problems
What do I get?
All participants will receive a MHFA manual
A certificate confirming you are a trained Mental Health First Aider (Count towards CPD)
How much does it cost?
Price upon Request
- Length: 2 Day Course (Can be split to suit your organisation’s needs)
- Venue: In House Training (within your own organisation)
- Maximum number of candidates: Maximum of 16 participants per course
How do I make a booking?
For Further information or to make a booking please complete the enquiry form or alternatively give a member of the MindWorks team a call on 01482 240200