safeTALK is a training course of 3.5 hours duration, that prepares anyone over the age of 15 to identify persons with thoughts of suicide and connect them to suicide first aid resources.
Most people with thoughts of suicide invite help to stay safe. Alert helpers know how to use these opportunities to support that desire for safety. As a safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper, you will be better able to:
- Move beyond common tendencies to miss, dismiss or avoid suicide;
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide;
- Apply the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and KeepSafe) to connect a person with suicide thoughts to suicide first aid, intervention caregivers.
Powerful video clips illustrate both non-alert and alert responses. Discussion and practice help stimulate learning. Learn steps that contribute to saving lives.
Who should attend?
The course is for anyone who may come into contact with a person with suicidal thoughts. However the following list highlights those professions who may have a particular interest.
- Support workers
- Employers/Managers/Human Resources
- Social services/Healthcare workers
- Fire Service
- NHS Staff
- Benefits/Housing advisors
- Police/Correctional staff
- Youth workers
- Older peoples services
How do I make a booking?
Check for our current courses in the sidebar. If we don’t have a course near you, either call us on 01482 240134, or email [email protected]